Friday, November 2, 2012

Ready to submit

Long nights, big cups of coffee (not really, coffee is kinda forbidden in here) and lots of compiling errors!
That has been the story of Zodiac Engineers for the last couple of weeks. We have been doing a lot of progress, not only on the engineering side but our artists are finally catching up with great stuff!

After lots of iterations, we're finally getting all our puzzle pieces together. As I wrote before, most of the engineering systems were working fine already and we have been polishing them. Personally I am still working on polishing the Kinect data, I feel like there's so much to do but at the same time so little, I really need to start putting together some testing sessions because I need to start checking the data more and more, nobody in our team is a motion expert so there is a lot of testing to do. I'm implementing multiple features in our Poses tool, hopefully that will help me compare the data in a more visual and effective way. 

IGF deadline was here and we were getting ready for it, there were some crunch hours but we finally came out with a solid build and one of my teammates came with a great solution for putting together an installer that puts everything in place with just a few clicks. Our producer made a video of the game that exemplifies what it is about, I have to say I am really happy with what he did! The video shows the game very well, specially the special features and the fun parts of it, hopefully that will give us a little bit of a burst! Personally I am not 100% sure what's next (other than keep working on gameplay and polishing the Kinect data) but there are really good things coming up, I am sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment